18 October 2008

Balm of Gilead Soothe My Soul

So I have been feeling pretty down in the dumps since yesterday's unimaginable (yet strangely foreseeable) atrocity in Ft Worth Texas. I'm talking about BYU getting worked by TCU. BTW I started a blog with a U of U buddy called The Holy War . I would say check it out but this is too depressing a week to do so. The background color of the blog illustrates who is on top in the current week. Well it ain't blue right now!

Anyway, after losing a lot of sleep last night - yes, I lost sleep over a football game - I woke up wondering how I could ever be happy again. And then it happened. My copy of Rock Band 2 came in the mail. It wasn't supposed to arrive until next Thursday so it must have been a miracle sent from angels on tiny olde time bicycles that fly to ease my pain! It worked. I played Eye of the Tiger and things were moving in the right direction but it was when I played Float On by Modest Mouse and Today by Smashing Pumpkins that my spirits were soaring once again. Thank you Harmonix. You saved my life. If BYU loses to Utah on nov 22nd could you release a 20 track pack from The Cure? Thanks again.

4 comments:

Swint said...

Plan on the background of the Holy War being Red for a while, likely forever!

J.R. said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!. Except that's not funny. I'm ready to fly you out here so I can see your BCS dreams dashed in person.

Monique said...

sad story. I am too troubled, but I have to say... we only have one loss, but I see our hopes dashed and will probably fall to in the 20's in the BCS... boohoo!

Maker said...

"Quest for Las Vegas" ...?