12 February 2008

Valentine's Day CD Finally Finished!


So Val and I finally sat down last night and put the 2008 Valentine's CD together. I'm pretty pleased. I was going for more of a contemplative feel and Val wanted love to be a dream like quality so it worked out well. We snuck a few upbeat songs in there so that we wouldn't fall asleep. Also I used My Love is Like a Nectar because that is exactly how I feel about Valerie and I slipped in SOS to prove we can still relate to kids today (and it samples Tainted Love. How can you not dig that?). Here's the track list:

1. La Vie En Rose - Edith Piaf
2. My Love is Like a Nectar - Nacho Libre
3. Once Upon a Dream - Sleeping Beauty
4. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - The Platters
5. Maps - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
6. Fading Like a Flower - Roxette
7. SOS - Rihanna
8. Living in Oblivion - Anything Box
9. Co-Pilot - Letters From Cleo
10. Theme from Somewhere in Time
11. The Boy I'm Gonna Marry - Darlene Love
12. Top of the World - The Carpenters
13. Love - John Lennon
14. Arrested By You - Better Off Dead Soundtrack
15. You Surround Me - Erasure
16. In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
17. Love - Smashing Pumpkins
18. I Love You - Sarah McLachlan
19. I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Death Cab For Cutie
20. Will This Be the Song? - Game of Death Soundtrack

So tell me what you think and let me know if you would like a copy of this or any previous Valentine's CD we've done. Happy V Day!

No comments: